Our objective at RCI Services is to provide a thorough home inspection and to minimize the potential for damage to your belongings. You can assist us by addressing the following items prior to the inspection.
- All utilities to be on.
- Ignite all pilot lights that have to be manually lit. (Gas logs, water heaters, etc.)
- All electrical breakers should be in the “ON” position unless there is a safety reason that requires them to be in the “OFF” position.
- Provide clear access to the electrical panels.
- Have remote controls readily available if they are required to operate an appliance or fixture. (Fireplaces, ceiling fans, etc.)
- Remove possessions from all sinks and tubs and have drain stoppers readily available.
- Provide clear access to the main water shutoff valve.
- Provide keys for all areas that are not provided to the inspector. (Crawlspace access, locked interior and exterior storage closets, disconnects, etc.)
- Provide clear access to attic furnaces.
- Remove stored items from the crawlspace that would obstruct access, especially at the entry door.